Jamshedpur: The premiere Social organization Yuva, Jamshedpur, Leads and Oxfam India today jointly organized a workshop and consultation meeting for the members of school management committee in Chakdi village in Potka block of East Singhbhum, Jamshedpur.
The workshop-cum-meeting discussed the right to education and the ways to secure every child's right to education. Arbind Tiwary, Ramesh Kumar and Saumitro Bose played the role of resource persons in this workshop.
The SMC members also learnt about and discussed different legal aspects of the right to education as well as their own responsibilities.
Addressing the workshop Arbind Tiwary said that the responsibility of implementing and securing right to education lies with the common people too, though the government has to play the leading role in this.
He said that SMC members should not only ensure that the village schools are run properly and efficiently, but they should also try to create an enabling environment so that every child is allowed to go to school and learn.
He said that children are still not able to learn the way they should in their age and class. He said that the parents should always make efforts for ensuring that their child not only goes to school regularly but also learns appropriately.
Those who addressed the workshop included Ramesh Kumar and Saumitro Bose.
The workshop was conducted by Abhishek Sardar. Those who attended the workshop included Arup Mandal and Khelaram.
- Yuva Jamshedpur organizes Bal Mela at Chakdi School, gives children joyous moments (yuvajamshedpur.org)
- Yuva Jamshedpur members pledge to work harder (yuvajamshedpur.org)
- Successful students felicitated at Yuva, Jamshedpur library (yuvajamshedpur.org)
- Farmers-scientists interface organized at Potka (yuvajamshedpur.org)
- Ramu Sabar's hard work turns into ashes (yuvajamshedpur.org)